Tuesday 10 February 2009

Ticks and Cobras, Chiefs and Princes and one kicking baby!

I can honestly say this was one of the most frightening moments of my life!  But firstly the tick. Both of these events came about while walking the dog.  The tick someone else saw on my leg, I hadn't noticed.  Man they are hard to get out.  In the end I burned it with a match before pulling it out head and all - which was a relief as the head often gets left and goes septic.

Now, on the the Cobra!  While walking Chippy in the Maize field, he jumped into some grass about 5ft ahead of me, up reared a black Cobra that was my chest height!  Upon research I found this means it was at least 8 ft long!  I was so grateful to find it more interested in the fight it had on it hands with the dog.  This gave me the time to gather myself and run.  Incredibly, even though I saw the snake lunge at the dog, Chippy came after me unscathed.  What a close thing!

Well, on top of that excitement things have been really going so well.

No comments:

Welcome

You have found Tom's Blog!

I'm part of New Generation Church (www.newgen.org.uk) in the United Kingdom. I passionately believe in Church, love Jesus and am wondering about the various things I could write here. This used to be a blog for our updates from Malawi when Jo and I were missionaries to Flood Church.